On 14-15 November 2016, the Global Health Law Groningen Research Centre has the pleasure of hosting the ‘EU-Sino Health Law Symposium’ in Groningen. This Symposium will be a joint effort of the University of Groningen (NL) and the Central South University (China). The Symposium will bring together a group of experts from China, the Netherlands and Germany to present findings and trends in international/national health law, policy and research.
The Symposium will focus on the following themes:
- 14 November
- International health standards (including the right to health);
- Domestic health law & policy – With a focus on the GP system and patient rights;
- China’s draft ‘Basic Health Law’.
- 15 November
- The Dutch and German health insurance system;
- Access to essential medicines;
- Domestic Implementation of the right to health.
The goal of this symposium is to address key issues at the intersection of international/national health law, policy and research and bridge knowledge gaps across jurisdictions. Results of this Symposium could feed into China’s drafting of its national ‘Basic Health Law’, thus giving us an excellent opportunity to share the extensive EU experiences gained in this field.
Participation in the symposium is free of charge. Academic colleagues, PhD students and interested students are all welcome to attend. For more information regarding topics and registration for the event, please see the programme. Please register before 9 November 2016 by sending an email to email@example.com.